Reportedly, Uber is aiming to acquire a controlling stake in Ola. Uber will then be likely to get around 74% share, leaving only 26% to SoftBank. ANI technologies, promoters of OLA cabs have categorically denied any intention to sell its stake to Uber. “We would like to state that the article is completely false, malicious.”
Starting today, the company has reduced its uberGO prices.Prices have been slashed by upto 22% in Jodhpur and Udaipur while in Mangalore the prices have been cut by 20%.
Just a few days after the Karnataka Transport department announced policies and actions on price surge by taxi-hailing apps in…
A 51-year-old Uber cab driver, Kuldeep Thakur, was murdered by two juvenile passengers who got into a raging argument with the driver and shot him during the ride. Teens have confessed to the crime. Victim’s relatives have alleged that Uber did not offer them any support and deleted Kuldeep’s details from Uber. Uber denied these charges.
As per the new Motor Vehicle Act that has been amended with effect from April 2, rates are fixed by the government for all aggregators licensed to operate. As per new norms, the maximum fare will be capped at Rs 19.50 per km for AC cabs and Rs 14.50 per km for non-AC cabs.
In Surge pricing fare rates automatically increase, when the taxi demand is higher than drivers around you. However, according to state department policy, fares and other charges cannot be higher than the fare fixed by the government and the apps can only charge within a band the upper limit of which is capped.
Fairly few weeks after deeming such services “illegal”, The Karnataka transport department has once again cracked down on bike taxis associated with ride-hailing service Uber. At-least 15 motor vehicles have been impounded by department and face risk of registration cancellation.
Uber has introduced a new category called uberAUTO for hailing auto rickshaws in Bhubaneswar.
After investing $1 billion, Uber now plans to invest another $500 million in India by June.The capital will be used to spend on doubling the company’s resources, strengthening the team and technology for the Indian market. Earlier, Uber’s business head for Asia, Eric Alexander had said that it will beat Ola in a month.
The Uber app offers a ‘code on the road’ challenge- a notification on the screen, and if users accept the test, Uber challenges the ride with three coding problems to solve, each with a 60-second countdown, and scores them based on their answers. If someone passes all, then the app prompts the coder to click a button to reach out and get in touch.
An Uber driver allegedly misbehaved with a techie passenger when he was driving her from HSR Layout to SG Palya on Tuesday night.
Jugnoo has alleged that Ola employees have been creating fake accounts over past few days to book and then cancel on Jugnoo’s app, leading not only to loss of revenue but also affecting the auto rickshaw drivers income and bonus on daily basis.