I have been a big time critic, enjoyed Twitter for bashing products & people running startups because of my own bias.
My reason of anger were:
- You should not have raised.
- VC’s picked wrong founders.
- Founders picked wrong VC’s.
- Startup employees are overpaid.
- Founders waste more money on building product than office space.
- Media has glorified this whole startup thing.
But, if you think through deeply every change/revolution went through its up and down. The startup revolution/movement is one of it. Generalizing everyone and everything being bad/rotten will do no good.
Providing a constructive criticism helps not being a keyboard worrier with opinions.
If you don’t belive me, google and read story about various founders.
- Leaving high paid jobs to pursue build something new for society.
- Husband/Wife managing kids, startups & employees so many kids together to foster technology to the world.
- Rejected in US, moving back working hard building billion $$ and providing employment to 1000+ people and opening up employment opportunities in the chain.
There are many more others…
So a humble advice, stop being prick. Help the ecosystem, empower and foster with your piece of help. [This applies to me as well]
Originally posted on Medium