CA technologies has announced the India results of the global study Keeping Score: Why Digital Transformation Matters, highlighting the significant impact digital transformation is having on enterprises.
The survey introduces the Digital Transformation Business Impact Scorecard (BIS), a global ranking of countries and industries across 14 key performance indicators (KPIs) critical for digital transformation success.
India ranks first on the list for the BIS. With a score of 79 (out of 100),the impact driven from digital initiatives in India is higher than the global BIS average score of 53 and Asia Pacific and Japan score of 56.
The CA research report further projects Indian businesses to have a strong correlation between businesses adopting digital transformation and their business performance. However, despite leading the digital transformation initiatives, only 46% of Indian decision makers believe they are disrupting their respective industries with advanced digital initiatives. This ranks India at the bottom of the list amongst the countries in APJ.
From a vertical sector perspective, the top 5 industries in APJ were telecom (BIS score of 45), public sector (45), banking & financial services (41), retail (40) and healthcare (37).
The Additional India findings
- Indian businesses are seeing the greatest improvement (55%) in generating new revenues as a result of digital transformation
- 84% of Indian businesses are seeing moderate to significant improvements in their ability to differentiate from their competition through digital transformation
- Almost all India based businesses (97%) show moderate to significant improvements in customer experience post digital transformation
- Indian businesses are seeing (35%) improvement in time-to-decision and time-to-act on new opportunities (business agility) post digital transformation :
- Indian firms show the greatest gain (56%) in terms of impact on employee productivity as a result of digital transformation.
/ link to the report.