One third of early adopters have already upgraded to Windows 8 in India [NBW Poll]
In October, Microsoft launched Windows 8 for its customers in India and around the world. In India, the tech giant made it available with 14 OEM partners including Acer, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, HCL, Hewlett Packard and Lenovo on a variety of form factors – from tablets and hybrids to laptops and ultrabooks, on both touch and non-touch devices.
A week back, we started a poll to understand the adoption of Windows 8 in India. Given that NextBigWhat has massive reach among India’s early adopter community, the results, we hope, will be of significance to Microsoft & industry stakeholders.
- 34% respondents mentioned that they have already upgraded to Windows 8
- 27% respondents have pointed out that they are not likely to upgrade to Windows 8
- 23% respondents siad they are planning to upgrade
- 10% respondents said that they have moved to Mac/Ubuntu/Other
- 4% already upgraded, now need to downgrade
- 3% are not even aware about Windows 8 release
Looking at poll result, it seems that Windows 8 has been gaining popularity because of its integration with social networking and synchronization, ability to handle Photoshop, flawless moves from touch to keyboard and mouse and some good security features.
Given aggressive marketing efforts and splurge by Microsoft, is kickass TV commercials by Microsoft pulling eyeballs?
What are your thoughts? Are you happy/dissatisfied by Windows 8 performance? Do let us know in comment section.