Now type even faster on Android with Swiftkey 4
Swiftkey, one of the most popular keyboard replacement apps for Android just got a massive update. Swiftkey Flow, which was released as a standalone beta in October 2012, is now a part of the main app.
Similar to the keyboard in Swype and stock Android 4.2, Swiftkey Flow allows users to type by sliding a finger from one letter to another and even type entire sentences without even lifting that finger. Swiftkey claims that it has the most accurate gesture input and next word prediction technology.
The keyboard learns as you use it to make corrections and predictions based on the way that you write. It can even learn from your Gmail, Facebook and Twitter to make it even more personalized.
Swiftkey now supports typing in 60 languages which include Albanian, Bosnian, Javanese, Sundanese, Thai and Vietnamese. Swiftkey has had support for typing Hindi and Hinglish for some time now. A user can have up to 3 active languages at any given time.
Key feature updates in Swiftkey 4
• SwiftKey Flow: a more accurate gesture input. Write by gliding your finger on the keyboard.
• Multimodal – SwiftKey Flow can be mixed with tap input, with switching mid-word.
• Mid-word completion: when you see the word you want just lift your finger off and the word will be inserted.
• Flow Through Space: Gesture multiple words without lifting a finger, just by sliding your finger down to the space bar between words
• Flow with next-word prediction: when you finish flowing a word, SwiftKey immediately shows you its best guesses for your next word
• Easier corrections: Tap anywhere on any word to choose an alternative from SwiftKey’s three best guesses, based on the context and on your input
• Hold to delete: Long-press the delete key to remove the whole word. Deletion accelerates as you continue to hold. Slide to delete gesture can only be used when SwiftKey Flow is disabled.
Although there are a number of options for keyboards on Android that support typing in Hindi like Hindi Bindi, Swiftkey and Swype are much better since they are much ahead in their product life cycle.
The app is available at Rs 50 for Indian users and can be downloaded from Google Play. SwiftKey 4 is a free upgrade for existing users.