Indian Railways To Prevent Misuse of ‘Tatkal’ Scheme – You Can Book Only 2 Tickets
It’s a known fact that IRCTC servers go down between 8-9AM, the time when Tatkal booking is at its peak. In order to ensure that there isn’t a misuse of Tatkal scheme, Indian railways has come up with following measures:
- Indian Railways has decided to stop Quick Book Option and cash card booking between 8 AM to 9 AM.
- Individual users are permitted to book only two tickets between 8 AM to 9 AM.
- Access to ‘Tatkal’ booking to the agents booking through internet has been denied during the opening hours of reservation in the morning between 8 AM to 9 AM.
- Facility of change of name is not permissible on ‘Tatkal’ tickets.
- The load of IRCTC’s server has been augmented to ensure easy accessibility to passengers booking tickets through internet.
Some of these rules have been in place for quite sometime, but that hasn’t changed the system (or server crash).
But maybe, 2 tickets/person between 8-9AM can potentially deter a lot of agents (or will result in new logins being created in the system)?