– In a major setback to incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, Idea Cellular and state owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd and MTNL, the Telecom Commission today decided that all spectrum which have been given to operators in the 900 Mhz band will be refarmed to the 1800 Mhz band at the time of the renewal of their licences which begins from 2014 to 2016. According to the Analysys Mason’s estimate, migration of all telcos from 900 Mhz to 1800 Mhz will cost around Rs 1,15,000 crore, read complete post here.
- IDBI Bank has launched its geo-tagging initiative to enable the customers to search for the nearest IDBI bank branch or ATM on Google Maps through an application hosted on its website (link). With this service, customers of the bank can locate over 998 branches and 1,592 ATMs of IDBI Bank across India and UAE, read complete post here.
– Kixeye lashes out at Zynga for suing the vice president of product that the gaming startup poached earlier this month. Shortly after former Cityville general manager Alan Patmore left for Kixeye, Zynga sued him for theft of trade secrets and breach of contract. Zynga alleges that Patmore stored more than 760 documents from his work computer in Dropbox before his last day, read complete post here.
– US research and consulting firm Strategy Analytics revealed that the number of smartphone users touched one billion in the third quarter of 2012, with one out of every seven people worldwide carrying one of the devices, read complete post here.
- Facebook’s first engineering centre outside the United States opened in London, the London team will develop products to improve the Facebook experience on mobile devices and perform work on the social network’s platform, read complete post here.
– Live streaming of ICC World Twenty20 on nexGTv received over 3.5 crore views including 1.5 lac unique visitors daily and 2.2 Cr views during the championship. nexGTv cumulatively recorded over 7.5 lac hours of content viewing during ICC World Twenty20, read complete post here.