India is a land of construction projects (though it doesn’t necessarily translates to better Infrastructure) and there hardly are technology solutions built catering to this market. In fact, most of the project managers (in construction companies) use standard MPP (or excel sheets) to track projects and upload data on a timely basis.
Most of the times, construction projects are plagued by delays arising from badly coordinated schedules, lack of top management visibility into project status at the site level until it is too late, and the non-availability of decision support tools tailored for the industry. Small delays in the initial phases may have a cascading effect on the remainder of the project schedule.
nPulse, a software from Nadhi is an online, on-site project planning, monitoring and control suite that provides and manages reliable, accurate, up to date information to all project stakeholders which enables them to make the right decisions at the right time.
The software helps alleviate the pain of project management by
- Providing forward-looking email and SMS alerts and reports that warn stakeholders of potential delays
- Tracking deviations (time, cost, quantities, resource productivity) during actual project execution vis a vis initial estimates
- Showing visually the key areas and associated critical issues to management so that they can take prompt remedial action
- Automating routine tasks such as preparation of progress reports, communication with consultants, sub-contractors etc.
- Inventory Management: Track material use against estimates/material receipts.
The solution is available on pay-as-you-go (subscription) model and is well integrated with MPP. What’s important is that it integrates procurement into project schedule and reduces inventory holding.
The solution has been built from the ground up with a focus on the specific needs of the burgeoning construction industry. The target segment for Nadhi includes companies in the areas of infrastructure projects (power, roads, industrial) and project management consulting, as well as those in residential, commercial and institutional (campuses) projects.
Nadhi founding team comprises of professionals from construction industry
– Kalyan Vaidyanathan has 15 years of combined experience in managing construction projects and enterprise software development. Prior to co-founding Nadhi, he was the Product Line Manager for the Scheduling product group at i2 Technologies.
– Ravi Mundoli has over 10 years of experience in enterprise software, in all areas of the product development lifecycle. He has worked on supply chain systems integration infrastructure solutions at i2 Technologies Inc in roles ranging from Product Engineer to Development Manager.
Nadhi surely is an interesting startup to watch out for. Given the nature of construction industry(corruption/minimal IT usage), it’d be interesting to see how Nadhi finds its way to construction houses.