Opera Software which launched its mobile store last year has launched new promotional options to woo developers. The makers of Opera mobile browser which has more than 40 mn unique monthly users launched the following
- Opera Mobile Store sponsored product listings: Sponsored product listings on the homepage as well as major content categories
- Opera Mobile Store featured app banners: Rich graphical ad units showcasing developer apps
- Smart Page: Browser launch-page banners available in the new Opera Mini 7
- Smart text banners: Contextually-relevant app promos within Opera’s new smart content aggregation service, available in Opera Mini 7
- Opera recently launched a self-service app promotion portal, where developers can bid for customer downloads.
Also, Opera recently launched a self-service app promotion portal, where developers can bid for customer downloads. Opera’s pay-per-download (PPD) platform enables targeting by region, platform, handset and more. Developers can drive an incremental 200,000 or more highly-targeted downloads daily, greatly accelerating their growth and customer reach (details here).
And while we are at it, UCWeb has strengthened its India market share with more than 20% share (read: A look at India’s Mobile Internet Revolution [mobile is taking over desktop?]).