Mobile Internet browsing is a male activity and Opera’s latest report pretty much sums it up.
Insights from Opera’s latest report:
- India has the fewest female users (4.0%), followed by Nigeria (5.4%), China (11.6%), and Vietnam (17.9%).
- Opera Mini users in Southeast Asia tend to prefer Nokia handsets. That said, the Apple iPhone is the most popular handset used by Opera Mini users in both Singapore and Myanmar.
- Worldwide, the number of male mobile Web users increased 233%, while the number of women on the mobile Web jumped 575% (in the last years).
- The top 10 countries using Opera Mini in Southeast Asia are Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Brunei, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
- Global ratio of male to female mobile Web users is expected to be 77% (male) to 23% (female).
Top mobile sites in India are
The results are based on a survey conducted by Opera (sample size of 300,000) and should be taken in the right context.
Recommended Read: Stats on Mobile Internet in India | What do people search on their mobile?