Report: Features Phone Users Visit Socionets, Android: Education, Windows Phone: Communication/Email Sites
Opera has released its latest “State of Mobile Web” report that offers a few interesting insights on platforms vs the intent:
- Android users are more likely than users of other platforms to visit education sites.
- Windows Phone users are more likely to visit email and communications sites, compared to users of other platforms.
- Feature phone users are far and away the most likely to visit social-network and community sites on their handsets, with Android users being the least likely.
- BlackBerry (RIM) users are more likely than anyone else to visit computer and sports sites.
- Android users are the most likely to view “Music, video and media” sites whereas iPhone users are least likely to view sites in that category.
- Across all platforms, the top 2 categories (other than “Unclassified”) are: “Social networks & community” and “News & information”.
- Page-view growth since September 2010: 213.2 %
- Unique-user growth since September 2010: 154.0 %
- Data transfer growth since September 2010: 170.9 %
- Page views per user: 495
- Data transferred per user (MB): 7
- Data transferred per page view (KB): 15
Top 10 sites in India are: google.com, facebook.com, youtube.com , wikipedia.org, songs.pk, filestube.com, vuclip.com, my.opera.com, zedge.net, getjar.com. [Report Link]
I find it very difficult to digest that iPhone users consume less of media than Android (i.e. “Music, video and media” sites) – maybe, most of these iPhone users aren’t using Opera browser (so do keep this in mind, while reading the report).