Mobile Internet in India: 56% Smartphone users access Internet multiple times a day
Mobile Internet is the next BIG revolution in India and as per a study conducted by Google India and IPSOS, around 94% Indian smartphone users have used their smart device to access Internet from their phone.
– 56% of smartphone users in the country access the Internet multiple times a day (in US, the number stands at 53%).*
– 40% surf the Net at least once a day.
– only 6% never use their phone for connecting to the Web (11% for US).
– About 76% of smartphone users in India access social networking sites on their devices compared to 54 per cent in the US.
– Usage: 77% of smartphone owners listen to music, while 33 per cent use it for playing games and 32 per cent read newspapers or magazine.
Demographics of smartphone users in India
– 36 per cent of all smartphone owners in India are in 18-29 age group.
– only 17 per cent are in the 30 to 49 age group [read: Mobile Internet demographics in India].
Smartphone data: In 2011, Indians bought more than 3 million smartphones, led by Nokia [read: India’s Smartphone Market: 68% Annual Growth, iOS captures 2.6%]
* : Keep in mind that the above percentage doesn’t speak of the actual volume of usage, but the base data is the total number of smartphone users in the two countries which is highly skewed towards US.http://www.nextbigwhat.com/mobile-internet-activity-in-india-is-more-than-us-297/http://www.nextbigwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/smartphonegrph_936578f_thumb.jpghttp://www.nextbigwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/smartphonegrph_936578f_thumb-150x150.jpgTech, Life & Design