Microsoft Bizspark Announces $100,000 Contest
Microsoft BizSpark has announced Startup Challenge – an opportunity for startups to showcase creativity and receive constructive feedback from peers, top investors and Microsoft and most importantly, win $100K in prize.
The challenge offers $100,000 in total Grant to Startups with winning ideas in Cloud and Mobile Category. At the finals, the startup with a qualifying entry would briefly present its business and demo the application (for both Cloud and Mobile category).
- 1st Prize: A grant of $40 K each category
- 2nd Prize: A grant of $10 K each category
The competition runs from March 10th, 2011 to May 15th, 2011 and here are the important deadlines
- Round-1: 10th March ’11 to 30th March (Online)
- Round-2: 30th March to 30th April (Online)
- Finals: 30th April to 20th May (in person Face to Face)
- Final event will have upto 15 finalists presenting to panel of judges
All business plans will be evaluated on number of criteria, including:
- Merits of innovation: The ingenuity, creativity and innovation intrinsic to your business plan.
- Market potential: Does your product or service scale and address a sizable market?
- Compelling Story: We are looking for teams that can articulate a vision and share a compelling story which will impact the Market.
More details at the contest page.