MapmyIndia unveils Mappls SafeWorld solution for Emergency Response
The digital maps and location based services provider, MapmyIndia has announced the release of Mappls, dedicated to addressing key challenges such as Computer-aided Dispatch (CAD) Solution for Emergency Response, which empowers government and private authorities to rapidly and effectively respond to incidents of crime, emergency and terrorism in India.
Mappls SafeWorld CAD Solution for Emergency Response, powered by MapmyIndia has following features and can be used by government agencies or corporates
- MapmyIndia’s Map Data: High precision, comprehensive and detailed vector maps of India, with house and building level detail and in full 3D
- Computer-aided Dispatch Software: Efficient software to match call taking, fleet monitoring, dispatch and communication workflow for emergency responders
- GPS tracking hardware: High quality devices which can withstand the environment conditions and communicate effectively
- GPS navigation devices: Effective and connected navigation devices which assist the driver in reaching the incident, down to house level, quickly and precisely
- Seamless and intelligent systems Integration: Seamless integration CCTV surveillance, communication infrastructure and workflow of the emergency responders to ensure to ensure intelligent, efficient end-to-end solution.
Chandigarh administration launches online food licensing system
Chandigarh administration has launched online Food Licensing/Registration system (FLRS) to facilitate food business operators (FBOs) to file and track their applications over Internet. [via]
With launch of FLRS, food business operators will able to check for eligibility, apply for license/registration, pay the appropriate fees, upload supporting documents, track the status of their applications, schedule inspections and receive alerts on the status and renewals over Internet.
Earlier in 2012, Chandigarh became the first Indian state/union territory to recognize UID (Aadhaar) as a valid proof of identity and address. The union territory hails UID card as a valid proof for various welfare schemes implemented by departments, boards, corporations, public undertakings and agencies under the aegis of the Chandigarh Administration.
Wego powers travel metasearch for digital marketpace Sulekha
Wego, a travel metasearch site in the Asia Pacific and Middle East, entered into partnership with digital marketplace for local needs, Sulekha. Following the partnership, users of Sulekha can access to Wego’s comprehensive metasearch facility integrated within Sulekha (link) to search for flights and hotels directly on the site.
The new platform affords users the opportunity to compare and book over 600 airlines, including low cost carriers, including 350,000 hotels and resorts across the globe. Wego powers travel metasearch globally for online giants such as Yahoo! in Southeast Asia, nine msn Travel in Australia, YourSingapore Flyklia along with several others.