With the voice usage in India being far higher than web usage, it is becoming THE touch point for any application, specially e-commerce (Read: Future Group Acquires Chaupaati Bazaar, Phone Commerce Marketplace). From movie tickets to travel tickets, local search to expert advise, every thing is more convenient for the masses in India over voice than over web. So, shouldn’t your app also have voice access? KooKoo lets you do that but without the hassle of learning new technology or managing an extra bit of infrastructure.
KooKoo is an IVRS platform that can be integrated with any existing web application with just few lines of codes. The code sits on your server like just another webpage and acts as the interface between your application and the KooKoo infrastructure.
How KooKoo Works:
1. Your customers dial the phone number you got from KooKoo.
2. KooKoo answers the call and makes an HTTP request to your application. KooKoo also send you information about the call like the caller id etc.
3. Your web application receives the information and informs KooKoo what to do through XML. Your application can inform KooKoo to Play a text message, Play an audio file, Send SMS, collect user input or record a message.
4. KooKoo performs the actions and interacts with the caller.
5. The business logic is completely handled by your code. KooKoo only takes care of the telephony part.
KooKoo is free for trial usage, otherwise the pricing starts from Rs.2000/month/port (1 port = 1 call at a time), which to me looks steep. This is a dedicated port but they do have a shared pool option which would cost about 1/4th. They also have other pricing options with payment gateway integration.
The integration is really easy and the team did build a prototype with only 60 lines of code to demo that advantage to us. Good sales pitch.
Do give KooKoo a try and give us your comments on the platform’s potential in India market.
[Naman is a startup enthusiast and has worked with couple of Indian startups as Product Manager. He writes at The Inspire Blog]