Kindle Fire Price In India (Available Unoficially)
Kindle Fire, the Android based tablet from Amazon will be launched in the month of November 15th and while Amazon is betting big on content subscription based business model, the tablet is available for pre-order from India as (at Indiaplaza).
The price of Kindle fire in India is INR 14,999 (almost ~$300), though the official price (in US) is $199.
- Display: 7″ multi-touch display with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and anti-reflective treatment, 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi, 16 million colors.
- Supports WIFI only.
- Supported Content Format: Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, MP4, VP8.
- USB 2.0 (micro-B connector)
- 8GB internal (approximately 6GB available for user content)
- Up to 8 hours of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback, with wireless off.
Should Amazon even target the Indian market in the beginning?
India is one of the top emerging markets as far as Android development is concerned, but not among the top 20s when it comes to content subscription business. Amazon has to first ‘deliver’ the right punch with Kindle Fire (in US first) and then plan for distribution. And till then, early adopters from India (and other emerging markets) will continue to buy Kindle Fire at a premium rate.
Having said that, there is a mad race for launching Android based tablets in India and Amazon cannot afford to be the last entrant in this (supply-side) crowded market.
Recommended Read : Kindle your Children, Save Trees, Or Call it What You Will.