IRCTC Data: Netbanking Transactions were the Worst Performers [31% Failure Rate]
As per latest data from IRCTC,
- Credit/Debit cards recorded 74% successful transaction rate. AMEX Payment gateway led the chart with 81.84% success rate, followed by ICICI Payment Gateway. The worst performing gateway was ICICI EMI with 29.44% success rate.
- Netbanking/Debit cards were the worst performer overall, with only 69% success rate.
SBI bank led the chart (78%), followed by ICICI (73%), SBI Associates, HDFC, Federal Bank.
- As far as cash cards are concerned, I Cash cards rule the chart (92.93%) and overall transaction success ratio stands at 89%.
- Overall, only 75% of transactions were recorded successful out of 13084298 transactions attempted on IRCTC website (take a look at the numbers).
Important to note that a few months back, Indian government announced a rival ticketing service, but it hasn’t lived up to the expectation (and has been shutdown/rolled back to IRCTC website).
More on IRCTC:
- Indian Railways To Prevent Misuse of ‘Tatkal’ Scheme – You Can Book Only 2 Tickets
- From Now on, You Don’t Need Ticket Printouts to Travel on Indian Railways [But Why So Late?]