Pluggd.in’s Hackathon, India’s first Hackathon targeted towards homegrown companies is scheduled for November 4th (3 PM onwards), 5th and 6th in Bangalore. The core idea behind the Hackathon is to get geeks, designers, marketers – all under one roof and get them to Hack.
Like we said earlier, the Hackathon has a much BIGGER agenda than stated.
1. 2 winning entries get to demo their hack at UnPluggd, India’s largest startup event.
2. For the first time ever, Indian homegrown companies will be able to market their APIs at any Hackathon platform (read: Pluggd.in’s Hackathon: The What, When And Why Of It!). In short, we dare to try stuff which others haven’t even thought about.
And today, we are glad to announce our first Hackathon partner – Zomato.
Zomato APIs @Hackathon = Fun + iPad
Zomato is a NCR based startup that offers listings of restaurants/foodie joints/lifestyle places in 10 cities. The company has 17,800 listed restaurants and served 1,425,634 foodies alone in the month of September, 2011.
Zomato launched its API few days back and at Hackathon, you get to play with the API and create cool stuff around it (API link: http://www.zomato.com/api)
The API lets you search in our 18,000 restaurants, covering 10 major cities in India, based on various criteria. Details of all the features provided by our API is provided in the documentation, along with example code. Further, we have also provided an API Sandbox, where you can test your requests. Zomato’s mobile applications use the same API – you can also refer to them for ideas and potential uses of the API.
Now coming to the main point – i.e the most delicious part about the Hackathon! Create damn cool stuff using Zomato API and you get to win an iPad!
The iPad goes out to the most creative app/best use case of Zomato’s API and for the others who work on Zomato API, they also stand to win some very cool stuff.
Need more convincing :- ) Just come over. And Hack.
Hackathon Agenda/Ticketing Details
- Ticketing link
Date: November 4th (3 PM onwards), 5th & 6th (entire day) – i.e. 2.5 days event.
Venue: Jaaga, Bangalore. (address here)
- Get together the evening of 4th November and find a team (or get yours)
- Get your business idea sounded with mentors, PI team, others.
- Get together on 5th morning.
- Start coding.
- Go Home (after 7/8 PM or so).
- Get together on 6th morning. Start coding.
- 6th Nov – evening 4 pm – have a prototype ready.
- Demo to mentors, investors, audience, others from 6 pm to 9 pm.
Got more questions? Feel free to ask at the Facebook group.
PS: If you are a student, please connect with us (before buying the tickets).