Government announces IT agenda for 2013, Wants to develop an Android watch, focus on eGov app stores
The government of India has announced agenda for the Department of Information Technology (DeitY) for the year 2013 (January to December).
The department will undertake initiatives such as National Rollout of Mobile Service Delivery Gateway (MSDG), National Information Infrastructure (NII 2.0), National cloud initiative, setting up academy for egovernance, amongst others.
The MSDG aims to ensure easy availability of Government services to common citizen by making them services accessible through mobile devices.To scale up MSDG infrastructure , government will develop infrastructure for all delivery channels, mobile app store, wallet and mobile payment gateway.
– Under National Information infrastructure, government will devise an integrated institutional structure for managing NII 2.0. NII 2.0 aims to utilize of core IT infrastructure to enhance cost effectiveness, cyber security and strategic control.
– DeitY’s agenda will focus on creating infrastructure for cloud computing to speed up development and deployment of e-governance. Through national cloud computing initiative, DeitY will seat up institutional structure, National Cloud and centre for excellence (CoE) on cloud computing.
– One e-literate person in l0 lakh households.
– The agenda mentions to have National e-governance Academy or Capacity Building on e-Governance. Besides all these, the agenda includes national policy on electronic initiatives, IT solutions for masses etc. The plan also includes launch of pilot of the e Gov app store.
– The department policy on electronic initiatives include establishment of Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMCs), development of electronics via domestic manufacturing chips and constitute Semiconductor Wafer Fabrication (Fab) manufacturing facilities in the country.
Personal Safety Device [Android Watch]
The Indian government plans to developed a prototype device with following features:
- Android watch
- Voice command activation
- Motion Sensor (Shock sensor)
- Live GPS Tracking
- Emergency Response System: Should work in no network area
- Automatic call to several pre-defined numbers
- All incoming outgoing calls in Conference Call Mode
- Alert button
While we don’t have the details of these devices, this is surely a big hairy ambitious plan.
What are your thoughts?http://www.nextbigwhat.com/indian-government-digital-plans-android-watch-app-store-297/http://www.nextbigwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Laptop_Indian_government.pnghttp://www.nextbigwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Laptop_Indian_government-290x290.png