ibibo launches chat app, wechat
ibibo has launched WeChat app, a free mobile voice and text chat application that provides features like multimedia communication flexibility and convenience with text messaging, hold-to-talk voice messaging, broadcast (one-to-many) messaging, photo/video sharing, location sharing and contact information exchange.
Features of the app include:
- Enhanced one-on-one and group chats with voice messages, text messages, picture and video exchange, a huge selection of animated and custom emoticons, customized chat backgrounds, and a Rock-Paper-Scissors mini-game.
- Quickly and easily expand your social circle; add friends from your phonebook and Facebook, or use app’s location-based social plug-ins to find available local and international members of the WeChat community.
- Snap photos that catch your fancy, embellish with artistic filters, and share your personal photo journal with friends!
- Power-saving, low data consumption and the capacity to send hundreds of voice messages.
- Simple, seamless registration via Facebook Connect or mobile SMS/VM registration
The app is available on Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Symbian devices and is the result of parent company, i.e. Naspers’ investment in China based Tencent Holdings (i.e. its actually a Tencent app, marketed by ibibo in India).
Rise of Messaging Apps in India
Recently, we covered a report on usage of apps in India and surprisingly, women use chat apps like WhatsApp three times more than males. And very recently, Nimbuzz, the IM company announced relocating its headquarters to India and also opened up the messenger API.
So who is next to launch a messaging app? SMSGupshup?
Update: Medianama reported the launch first.http://www.nextbigwhat.com/ibibo-wechat-app-297/http://www.nextbigwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/wechatapp_thumb.pnghttp://www.nextbigwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/wechatapp_thumb-225x290.pngConsumerTech