News: Google StreetView Project Hits A Roadblock, Airtel Defines Broadband Speed As 1 MBPS
Google Streetview project in India piloted in Bangalore and the project has hit a roadblock owing to objections by the Bangalore police.
“We can confirm that we received a letter from the Commissioner of Police regarding Street View. We are reviewing it and have stopped our cars until we have a chance to answer any questions or concerns the Police have”[source]
LinkedIn India Crosses 10 Million Members
LinkedIn opened its India office in 2009 and the company has now announced hitting 10 million subscriber mark in India.
Companies like ING Vysya Bank, Genpact and HCL etc use LinkedIn for hiring in India. The company has also shared a few interesting stats:
- Top 10 surnames on LinkedIn include are Kumar, Singh, Sharma, Gupta, Jain, Shah, Patel, Mishra, Reddy and Yadav
- Top 10 industries on LinkedIn are Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Education Management, Banking, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals, Electronics and Accounting
- 16105 professionals listed the term ‘social media’ in their profiles
- 19027 people in Indian listed ‘bollywood’, ‘hollywood’ or ‘film’ in their LinkedIn profile
- 762 Indian professionals listed ‘yoga’ and 2587 professionals listed ‘ayurveda’ in their job title
- 4% of members in India put the word ‘owner’ in their title
Airtel Redefines Broadband Plans (for good)
Airtel has announced the launch of new broadband plans, with minimum Broadband speed at 2mbps in its Top 10 cities and from 1mbps onwards for all other cities across the country.
On the new broadband plans, the minimum Broadband speed that will be offered in Top 10 markets – Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Pune, will be 2mbps. For all its other markets, across its service areas in the country, the new plans offer a minimum Broadband speed of 1mbps. [PR]