Airtel 2012 Data : App Central : 3 million downloads/month, Kolaveri Di is the most downloaded song
Airtel has published its 2012 Mobitude report and India continues to love Kolaveri Di as the song tops music charts as the most downloaded song & Hello Tune for the year – far ahead of the current worldwide rage Gangnam Style.
Wallpaper downloads witnessed a 300% jump and recorded a whopping 75 million downloads.
- Chikni Chameli star Katrina Kaif rules the imagery charts for the 4th consecutive year, closely followed by Kareena Kapoor Khan. SRK and Salman Khan are India’s number 1 and 2 respectively, Ranbir Kapoor is in 3rd position for wallpaper downloads, while Aamir Khan misses the top 5 bus.
- America’s Kim Kardashian is popular in India and fares among top 5 most downloaded Hollywood celebrities.
- Most downloaded video: Abhi Abhi of Jism 2 outnumbers Ooh La La of Dirty Picture.
- Even after almost 4 decades of its Box Office release, Sholay continues to be an all time favourite among ‘Airtel Audio Talkies’.
- India goes the MMS way – crossed 1 million mark on Diwali and jumped 145% on the festive day for the first time in the country’s MMS traffic history.
Rise of Mobile Internet
– On the data side, maximum data consumption on mobile internet is typically seen during the graveyard shift between 10pm – 11pm.
– Video consumption is reported at its highest during night hours. Specifically, 3 video streaming and download sites fared among ‘Top 10 websites’ in 2012 (compared with only 1 last year) – thus showing growing popularity of the category.
– Overall, Facebook, Google and Yahoo were most accessed websites. Google is most visited website in terms of Unique Users, while Facebook leads all sites with almost 10 times Page Views and data consumption.
Airtel App Central
Airtel claims to record 3 million downloads on Airtel App Central every month- with 90% downloads in the ‘Free’ category, customers show a preference for the ‘freemium’ model. While 65% of application downloads are games, other popular categories including social networking, video and music players, sports, health and other entertainment.